VicHealth’s Active Club Grant program 2018-2019 Round Two will open 5 February and will close 8 March 2019. Around half a million dollars is on offer to community sporting clubs to provide more opportunities for less active Victorians to participate in sport.
VicHealth is encouraging local sport clubs to apply for the latest round of its Active Club Grants with funding of up to $3,000 or up to $10,000 available for community sport clubs to get more women and girls playing sport or to increase social and modified sport opportunities for people of all ages, genders, backgrounds and abilities. The grant will also enable more Victorians from disadvantaged communities to take part in sport.
VicHealth’s Active Club Grants is a fantastic opportunity for local sport clubs to introduce a new team or participation program, without the financial pressures of fund raising, seeking sponsorships and increasing membership fees.
This year, Active Club Grants focus on two outcome areas:
Outcome area 1: Female participation:
- Almost half as many women take part in organised sport compared to men, and women are most likely to stop playing sport as teenagers.
- There is more momentum in female sport than ever before, but we need to offer more opportunities for women and girls to get involved in sport at the community level.
- VicHealth funding is available to support clubs to implement initiatives that will engage more women and girls in sport, including establishing new teams, programs or competitions specifically for women and girls.
Outcome area 2: Participation in social and modified forms of sport:
- Many Victorians are looking for sport opportunities that fit within their lifestyle. Funding is available for clubs to establish a social or modified sport program for less active Victorians.
- Social sport includes flexible, social and less structured opportunities, with a focus on fun and social interaction. Modified sport includes making changes to sports activities to best suit the needs and abilities of inactive or somewhat active people, and increase the accessibility of activities to a wider audience.
Building on the success of our This Girl Can – Victoria campaign, we’re encouraging community sports clubs to offer new programs, teams and activities for women and girls. Clubs applying for Active Club Grants can also indicate if they would like to be considered for an additional $2,000 to promote This Girl Can – Victoria and encourage women in their local community to get active.