Working with Children’s Checks are mandatory for Adult Riding Members, Club Officials, Instructors, and Adult Supporting Members (Parents/Guardians/Carers). In addition, the Club is required to register all Parents, Guardians and Carers with the State Association as Adult Supporting Members if they attend more than 3 rallies per year.
The new WWCC requirements do not affect events with spectators, casual visitors or individuals who are not consistently and significantly associated with a Club. Neither do they apply to Associate Riding Members.
Categories of members requiring a Working With Children Check
Categories of members regularly attending rallies and club functions over a twelve month period requiring a WWCC are as follows:
- An adult riding club member.
- An honorary life member who regularly attends rallies and club activities.
- An adult supporter which category shall be deemed to include the following:
- Both parents of riders who regularly attending rallies.
- A single parent who regularly attends rallies.
- A non-parent guardian of a child either temporary or otherwise who regularly attends rallies.
- Visiting members and adult supporting members as defined above from clubs other than the host club.
- A non-member who does not fall within the categories listed above who regularly attends rallies and club activities.